Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1st



STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

A friend and I were having a bit of a chat about some mutual acquaintances (okay, we were being really catty about some people we know) and she came up with a great observation about one of them: She's not at all smart, but she's too stupid to even know it. I love this! I see it all the time-complete morons who don't even know how ignorant they are. If they had a clue they wouldn't spout ridiculous statements, or send out emails to big volunteer or business groups with grammar and spelling errors that someone at a sixth-grade reading/writing level wouldn't make.

Or, in business. This is from a real ad that showed up here: "Effective Way to Keep Squirrels Off Bird Feaders." I don't think I'll be buying a bird feeder from someone who doesn't know how to correctly spell the name of their own product! The problem is, whoever wrote that probably has no clue that they're stupid and should ask someone to proof-read their ads.

TILLY HATES EMU MEAT

Since I bought 40 lbs. of the stuff I've been feeding it a couple of times a week. Kiara loves it, she'll eat anything. Chance will eat it, but only after sitting outside and barking for an hour or two. Bentley will eat about a pound and then give up. Poor Tilly won't eat even a bite, no how, no way. She went without eating for three days before I finally let Kiara eat her emu and fed her pork instead. (Tilly has a few extra pounds to spare, so please don't threaten to report me for animal cruelty. It's perfectly natural for a canine to skip eating for a day or two.) I guess I'll just feed the emu to the other dogs and give Tilly chicken or pork on emu nights.

No comments: