Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15th


MORON OF THE WEEK


I wonder why I find so many of my winners (or, should I say losers?) at Costco. This week's stand out:
A society type, with those ridiculous striped highlights in her hair and a designer purse, talking on the phone and wandering back and forth in the aisles. Completely ignoring people who were trying to actually shop. Just so, so self absorbed and getting in everyone's way. If I were the slapping type, she would have had a good palm print on the perfectly made up face.

MORE RESCUE ADVENTURES

Today I picked up a new dog from the vet and took him to the boarding kennel. I did the usual, hooked a leash to his collar and tethered the leash to something in the back of the car. I have this cool leash with a bunch of rings and hooks on both ends so it can be used in different ways.

Suddenly Silver (the dog) was in the front seat. Collar on, no leash. Somehow he unhooked it! Then he proceeded to climb in my lap, nearly crash the car, turn off the radio and roll down a window. I had to stop, get a slip lead on him, and put him in the crate for the rest of the ride.

Just a side note: For some reason the photo for this entry loaded in like two seconds. It usually takes a very long time. I wonder what the difference is. I know I didn't suddenly get high speed internet, unless the computer elves did it.

1 comment:

'Mela said...

Computer elves ...

I'm partial to the Keebler elves...

The ones that live in a hollow tree and bake cookies all day long...

And Garden Knomes.

But don't get me started on that.Haiku-you:Clueless in Cosco
banana peel episode
rock justice falls down!