Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2nd


HAPPY ADOPTION DAY KIARA!

Six years ago today I brought my sweet girly-girl home to foster. She never left. She had been in a shelter and adopted, but was dumped back there four months later. Skin and bones, covered with fleas and with the staples from her spay surgery still there. They guessed at the time that she was 4 1/2. so that means she's at least 10 1/2 now. I can't find her old pictures, moved to a hard drive. New ones? I'm bad about taking photos of my own dogs. The cobbler's children have no shoes.

RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, OR NEIGHBORHOOD NUSANCE?


Church Bells taken to court


Okay, I'm all for freedom of religion. But, your freedom to express your particular religious belief stops at my eardrums. (Or at my front door, I am in no way obligated to open my door to allow you to save my soul. My soul is fine, thank you very much.) The church wasn't there first, so they can't argue that people moved to the neighborhood knowing that the bells would ring starting at 6 fucking am EVERY day. The priest, rector, whatever he calls himself came off as such an arrogant bastard in the news report (I have the right to annoy you because that's how I want to express my religious fanaticism) that I wanted to take his bells and shove them up his self-righteous butt. I'm glad that the court ruled for the neighbors. The priest, rector, whatever he calls himself probably was so annoying in court that the judge was more than happy to slap him with a conviction for disturbing the peace. There's nothing wrong with tasteful ringing of bells, but apparently this was recorded bell music that was so loud that people were being woken up by it with doors and windows closed, and that clearly interferes with people's right to quiet enjoyment of their homes.

1 comment:

'Mela said...

Amen to that shit.
There has been a similar, although thank God, not as frequent sort of thing happening in my neighborhood.
Every so often, a small group of people get together in the shrine in my backyard, whch is really not a building, rather more of a shell of one...

They get to clanging every second on what would sound like a cowbell, for at least 20 minutes.
I promise you, after they are done, I want to go back there and finish the job for them.

What people do in the name of religion should not be harshing other peoples' cool.
;^)

I remember the cobbler story...

Glad you're back, you pencil neck!