Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why I Love Facebook

I avoided FB for years, convinced it was just a My Space copy cat, and only young people were on it.  When I found out a lot of friends my age and even older had FB accounts (including two of my aunts) I signed up.  I enjoy the quick interaction with friends old and new.

I've found old friends, old friends have found me.  Most have been happy reunions, although one classmate from high school was deleted because he only posted political stuff and every post involved name calling of the people in the other party.  I'm not into hateful politics.

In two days I will be meeting a former co-worker for lunch.  We worked together at a savings and loan in Beverly Hills in the late 70's.  I quit the job, lost touch with people there, he moved to Florida.  He found me on Facebook. 

The guy in this photo (from 19 mumble mumble) found me there too.


No comments: