Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17th

In the jungle...
FIXING THINGS

Usually my attempts to repair things don't work out. As a matter of fact, many times I make things worse. So, I was quite upset with myself for breaking one of the nose pieces off of my glasses. Having to get a new pair right now wouldn't be good for my finances. But, I thought I'd at least try. I carefully observed how the nose pieces attached, and noted that the part on the frame was still intact. I went to the store and bought some cheap sunglasses that had nose pieces attached with screws. Removed one, and attached it to my glasses. It worked! I'm quite pleased with myself. Until the next time I try to fix something and totally mess things up anyway.

GRAMMAR GRIPE

Transition is a noun! You can make a transition, but you cannot transition. The new-speak nonsense where people say things like "As we transition into the new business plan..." is just plain wrong. Also, breath is a noun, not a verb. I want to strangle people who write "I couldn't breath." That's like saying "I couldn't chair."


4 comments:

Other Mother said...

For future reference, any store that has glasses can replace the nose pads. It costs about $5.00 at WalMart.

Marilyn said...

But it was so much fun to figure it out for myself. ;-)

cruzingk9s said...

Where did you get that beautiful picture of the lion on the vehicle? Did you take a trip somewhere?

Marilyn said...

San Diego Wild Animal Park. They have that vehicle out in the lion display with the doors open like the lions ate the occupants.