Sunday, January 13, 2013

Speaking of being nice...

I have a friend who I like most of the time, but some days he irritates me.  I deleted a comment he made on one of my Facebook posts today, and told him why, but he got huffy about it.  He has a tendency to only comment if he thinks he can correct people about something, trying to prove that he's smarter than everyone (which he isn't).  My post today was about this photo:






It's a frozen water drip, taken at 9:30 am.  I said "Yes, I still live in San Diego."  Mr. Jackass said something unnecessary about it not being in the city of San Diego.  Technically that's true, but why have a snotty tone and point out something completely irrelevant to my point, which was that it was abnormally cold here?

From now on if he makes a comment that is just fault finding and misses my original point, I'm going to delete it and not bother to explain.  I may make a comment myself such as "unnecessarily argumentative input has been deleted."  People can say whatever they want to on their FB pages, but I can control what is on mine.

No comments: