Friday, December 14, 2007

December 14th


MOPPET

THE BOAT

Someone parked a boat on a street in my neighborhood. I say “parked”, but it was probably something closer to abandoned-it sat there for a couple of months. This was a good sized boat on a trailer. I guess someone complained because this morning a deputy sheriff was out there having it towed away. Now I can only hope that the county will come around and put notices on all of the RVs parked in the same spots on the street for months(they're only allowed to park for 24 hours), and the big rigs using the street for overnight parking instead of paying for commercial spaces, and the morons that park their cars on their lawns. And maybe pick up the broken TV that's been sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. Oh, and do something about the “tweaker house” with the RV parked in the front yard and the lovely plastic tarp “fencing”.

TWEAKER HOUSE


THIS SUCKS


There are still no jobs being advertised in the mortgage business for support staff, and I know that people are still losing jobs. Congress hasn't done anything to extend unemployment benefits, they apparently think that we won't look for jobs if we keep getting a fraction of our former pay each week for doing nothing. Yeah, right. I really enjoy not buying anything new, and worrying about the utility bill every time I turn my heater on.

Recently I saw this in a job listing: “experience in Mortgage or Real Estate business DOES NOT meet requirement---PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND WITHOUT THIS EXPERIENCE”

Besides the irony of Monster.com sending me this as a result of my search for Mortgage Loan Processor positions, it shows what we are up against. People aren't going to readily hire mortgage professionals to work in another field, especially for lower pay. (That particular job's top pay range was $8,000 less than I made in my last job.) Would you? Even though we could do those jobs (office experience is office experience after all) employers are fearful that if the mortgage jobs come back we'll go back too. And, if the only jobs that we can find pay a lot less than we can earn in the field that we're experienced in, we will go back when (or if) we can. I've sent out my resume for lots of jobs that I know I could do, and I haven't received even ONE response. So, do me a favor. Write your congress persons and ask that they do something to extend unemployment benefits for the 50,000+ out of work mortgage people! Or, give me a job.


ONE PEPPER!


Jalapeño peppers from the stupor-markets have been getting milder-dumbed down to suit the tastes of Whitebread America. “We want salsa, but we don't like it hot.” So, I usually use serranos instead. But, I had those jalapeños that I got at the little market up the hill and put one into a pot of chicken, rice and veggies. Yowza! Even for me, the person who likes hot peppers in almost everything, that sucker was HOT. I had to eat my dinner with a tissue in one hand to blow my nose and wipe my eyes. I will remember in the future that the jalapeños from the Hispanic market are what they should be-hot!

THE MORONS SPEAK

Channel 10:

From a story about neighborhood density: “Units are tighter and crowder.”

“The giving needs to continue year around.” As do your remedial English lessons apparently.

“...school's board of advisory...”


From an ad for a drug for bladder control:

“It's hard to always do things spur of the moment.” You guys PAID someone to create this ad for you? You got pissed on.


From another “blog of note:
“...all parties interested in applying for a staph position.” A job as flesh eating bacteria? How odd. (To be fair, I hope that the spelling of this was meant as a joke. It's from a blog for a university band. I hope that the band geeks are smarter than the average public-school educated morons.)


No comments: