Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 14th


FROM THE "YOU LEARN SOMETHING EVERYDAY" FILE

I had no idea that a lot of newer cars have a little triangle next to the gas-pump icon on the gas gauge. The triangle points towards the side where the gas cap is located. (Not to be confused with the old urban myth that the side where the hose is the side with the gas cap. That one is true only half of the time.)

And, keeping with the automotive theme; I always thought that the yellow spots we get on our cars was tree pollen. It's not. It's bee shit. I'm not sure that this is something I really needed to know.

SPOTLIGHT-CHANNEL 10 MORONS

The weather idiot started a blog:

Get to Know 10News Weather Guy, Jimmy Q!
Posted on May 14th, 2008 by Sofia
Hey Everyone!
This is the beginning of my Blog. My first Blog. I am very excited about sharing my life and job and my thoughts with you. I don’t know where to start. Ok, from the beginning. I Started working for 10 News about 10 years ago. I can’t believe how fast time has gone bye since I first arrived here. They say time flies when you are having fun and this applies to my life here in San Diego. I feel very fortunate to come into your house’s every day and personally give you the weather. I used to live out in Texas. Completely different weather. So hot and so humid. I feel very blessed to live in a place like this. I just love the cool ocean breeze. Except when we don’t have one and it gets hot and feels like Texas again. Don’t get me wrong. I love Texas! It’s just hot.
I will keep blogging and I invite you to ask questions or to make any comments and I will always do my best to answer questions about myself, work, weather or life. So we begin the journey. Take care my friend and have a great day!
Submitted by James Quinones, 10News Weather Forecaster

I will refrain from calling him a moron on HIS blog, and keep my comments here.

For some reason, Channel 10 has decided to hire a few reporters who can't even say the word "news". They have two right now who end their mangled language news bits with "My Name, 10 NOOSE". NOOSE? Oh yeah, the thing I would like to strange you with for being a moron. That noose.

No comments: