Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 13th


TIMBER-THE ENFORCER!

This is my current foster dog. Handsome boy, no?

He's a really great house guest. Goes potty outside, sleeps quietly on the dog bed, walks well on a leash and rides nicely in the car. He earned the title of The Enforcer because he doesn't like any trouble. If one of the other dogs starts picking on another one he pushes into the middle and tries to keep the peace.

SNIFF, SNIFF

I woke up with a cold. Scratchy throat, runny nose. I took two doses of a homeopathic remedy, so I'll see how long the crud lasts. I still have the scratchy throat, but I feel fine. Good thing I have an ample supply of chicken soup. We have an adoption event tomorrow, and it's going to be cold. I'll bundle up, wear a hat and gloves and maybe hit Starbucks for some hot chocolate. Hmmm, maybe I should snag some peppermint schnapps. It goes very well with hot chocolate.

I'll report back as to whether or not the remedy made a difference. I used to joke about OTC cold remedies-"That should cure that cold in about ten days!" So, if this lasts fewer than ten days I will consider the remedy a success.

No comments: