Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 28th


WHERE'S THE BANDWAGON?

I need to climb on.

Let me back up a bit. I've been a Charger fan for a very long time. Since they came to San Diego in fact. My father was an Assistant City Attorney at the time, and his signature is on the lease for the Chargers to use Balboa Stadium. As a very young girl I had a serious crush on Lance Allworth. The day that Buffalo picked up Jack Kemp on injured waivers was a sad day for me. (Although many years later his wife baked me a cake, but that's another story.) My brother still has an authentic (as in worn by him) Keith Lincoln jersey. The "kids" got to go to at least one game a year, my parents had season tickets as long as my father still lived here. Even after he got the big time gummit job and moved to DC he still loved his Chargers. He died one year before their first (and so far, only) trip to the Super Bowl. Even when I lived in Los Angeles (during the time that the Raiders were there) I was a lone blue and gold dot in the sea of black and silver.

Anyway, four weeks ago they were as good as done. Toast. Season over, officially in the crapper. Except they started to win, and Denver started to lose.

They're in the playoffs.

So, I am a fan in search of a bandwagon. I hope there's still some room.

No comments: