Monday, July 30, 2007

This and That....

Today's photograph is of orchids growing in the Botanical Building in Balboa Park.

What did I do this weekend? I felt like I got a lot done. Spread four more bags of wood chips in the front, planted a few things. Restrained myself from slapping the shit out of the loud-mouthed bitch across the street who yelled at me that my yard looks like a wilderness in front of her equally stupid friends. She wants me to pay her jobless husband to do my yard work. I don't think so! He charges twice as much per hour as the skill of using a weed-whacker is worth, takes twice as long to do the job as anyone else would, and leaves all the cuttings in my driveway.

Did a bit more work in the back where I hope to plant some vegetables next year-spreading ashes from my outdoor fire pit and covering them with cardboard to nourish the soil and keep weeds from growing this winter. Finally remembered to stop at the bait store and buy some worms for the compost bin.

My stop smoking meter as of right now: Seven months, two weeks, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 45 seconds. 4531 cigarettes not smoked, saving $883.53. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 17 hours, 35 minutes.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

'Mela said...

Beautiful orchids, and
CONGRADS on quitting the smokes!
I didn't know you quit!

Fabulous, just fabulous!