Friday, January 11, 2008

January 11th


WHY?

Why did I agree to do this? Let me start by saying that I am not a morning person. I could happily stay up until 4 am and sleep until noon. So, I'm really wondering why I agreed to do what I'm going to do tomorrow. I belong to a group that gets together to buy meat in bulk to feed to our dogs. Well, it's not all for the dogs. I buy flank steak and beef tenderloin for me. Anyway, it's an all volunteer thing, so we all pitch in to do the work. Once a month all the meat is distributed. Normally I drive for our site once or twice a year, which means I go up to Orange County and pick up all the orders for San Diego people and drive it back to our pick-up site. However, the woman who heads up the group has been pushing everyone to come up and work at the cold storage locker. Not so bad really, just move cases of meat around for a couple of hours. I can do that. EXCEPT that we have to be there by 7 am. In order to do that I have to leave my house at
FIVE IN THE FREAKING MORNING!
I am not going to be happy tomorrow. I haven't seen 5 am since my old party-all-night days. Hopefully I won't have to do this again for a very long time.

No comments: