Monday, January 21, 2008

January 21st



BLUE MONDAY?

I heard on the news that today is the most depressing day of the year. I can see that-I could be really depressed if I let myself.

Still no jobs in my field of experience, and I have one more unemployment check before I get cut off. I've sent a whole bunch of resumes for other types of jobs, but haven't had one single response. No interviews, no phone calls, no email replies. Not even a "thank you for your interest but we picked someone who isn't likely to go back to a mortgage job at the first opportunity". Even if I was really looking forward to earning peon's wages and being treated like a peon, I can't even get hired to lick someone elses boots.

I'm overwhelmed with too many dogs in the house, especially with one of them being a BIG puppy. I can't put my pond back together until he finds a home-he keeps playing in the waterfall and ripping out the tubing. I have things stuck in inconvenient places to keep them safe-like all the toilet paper that I usually keep in the spare room and the bird seed that belongs on the patio.

It's raining and I'm cold.

Oh hell, now I AM depressed.

IS IT OVER YET?

The presidential election. I'm so done with it already. I don't much like any of them, and don't think that anything is going to change no matter who gets elected. I think that politicians don't want to be President in hopes of actually changing anything, they just want to live in the big house and ride in the big plane.

Can we send Hillary to Toastmasters? She needs a few rounds with the “uh” buzzer.

I liked this new email joke:

Subject: Packers quarterback

In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became familiar with
the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 65 % of those polled supported the move.

Does this sounds idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or State. When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the white house, Dick
Morris stated "so has the pastry chef".


HERE'S SOME RESOLUTIONS FOR YOU!

Channel 10 ran a commercial trumpeting that their "news resolution" was to give us updated traffic reports. How about these instead?
  • We will convince our reporters that the news isn't a dramatic reading, and they should stop hamming up their delivery.
  • We will get rid of the reporters who continually mangle the English language, and hire people with at least a high-school grasp of proper grammar.
  • We will stop making corny puns, and act like a professional news organization.

Some of their latest boo-boos:

Channel 10 anchor: “...the Tijuana slough...” Except she pronounced it “sluff”. I ask again-don't you need a college degree to get a job as a journalist any more? Oh, that's right. Colleges don't do anything to assure that their graduates can properly use the language these days. It would hurt the students' self esteem to be put into the Remedial English class.


And talking about people waiting to meet the Chargers: “...to welcome home the team from Indianapolis.” The Chargers moved? Already?


And from the returning anchor Kimberly Hunt: “I've been taken back how happy people are for the reunion.” This is from a commercial-which was aired ON PURPOSE. Not even a live broadcast. Really folks-who is running the show over there?

No comments: