Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10th


Duck!

Duck!
Squirrel!
Oh, that's not right, is it? Okay....

Goose!

ME? A SPAMMER?


Yesterday I noticed that when I wanted to add a post that I had to do one of those annoying word verification things first. I investigated further, and it seems that Blogger has some ill-tempered bots that for some reason decided that this blog has the characteristics of a spam blog.


They define it this way:


Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.

Irrelevant? Nonsensical? WTF? I do know that sometimes I tend to express complex concepts, and some people don't get the concept so they focus on the words and they misinterpret what I've said. But, nonsensical?

Not to mention that the "word" I have to verify looks like this. Not only is it not a word at all, it's a bunch of letters all squished on top of each other. What looks like a "d" could just as easily be a c and an l having a very close encounter. For instance, in the example-what's that third letter? An o? A c or an a partially obscured by the u? It took me five tries to guess the correct not-a-word in order to publish my post.

NEW ATTITUDE!

I think I will stop letting people who lie, act like simple minded idiots, are rude and play silly junior high school clique games hurt me and make me angry. From now on I will just pity them. I mean, how sad is it that someone feels that they have to lie, twist facts or conceal reality in order to get people to do what they want? Or that some people are so unable to think for themselves that they get defensive when someone tries to help them learn something? People who play little who-hates-who-and-you-have-to-think-like-I-do-to-be-one-of-the-in-crowd games can't be happy, because they have to constantly make sure that the in-crowd is thinking correctly.
What was that old song..."She is more to be pitied than censured"?
Yep, that's my new atti-tude.

No comments: