Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25th



WEREN'T YOU LISTENING?

Phone rang, I answered it.

"Hello, this is a moron from the (Major Political Party) National Committee."

I quickly interrupted. "If you're calling to ask for money, stop right now. I'm living on borrowed funds, I don't have any extra money to donate to anything."

But he kept on reading (badly) from his little prepared spiel, so I assumed that it wasn't about money.

"Important election year, blah blah blah, need your support, blah blah blah, and can I count on your contribution of...."

WTF? "I said not to ask for money, but you did anyway. Are you nuts?"

"I'm just trying to do my job."

Here's a clue. If someone requests that you don't beg for money, say "Thank you for your time", and hang up.

Am I pissed off enough to vote for the other party's candidate?

No.

I can't in good conscience penalize the entire country for one moron who can barely read, much less listen.

No comments: