Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9th



MORON OF THE WEEK AWARD

It must go to the guy on I15 yesterday. Speeding in a little souped up red car, passed me and a bunch of other people on the right, then swooped across three lanes. Ended up right in front of a Highway Patrol car. Talk about making it easy for him!

SOME PET PEEVES

Liars! People don't usually get away with lying to me for one thing. I have a really good memory, and I'm pretty good at putting things together to figure out what's truth and what's a lie. This includes people who tend to twist the truth to justify their method of doing things.

Rude people! For instance, a group of volunteers, all putting in time and money for a common cause, and one person decides to go off on another because of some little thing. Especially when the person being told off puts in a lot more time, mileage (so therefore gas money) and caring that the rude person who thinks that they are better than others and can boss them around. (It's even worse when the rude people are stupid and uneducated about things they spout off on, but refuse to read or listen to proof that they're wrong-getting argumentative and defensive instead.)

People whose emotional development is stuck in junior high school pretending to be grown-ups! You know the type-"I don't like her, so if you want to be in MY in-crowd you can't like her either". Grow up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn:

I agree with your list here, but what about little bitty hens who have a teensy weensy bit of power and must use it incessantly? Like the other day, I went into the local uni and I had to show my ID going in and coming out. Coming out, I showed my ID, then put it back in my backpack. I realised I'd left my laptop, (idiot me), :) and had to go back for it. So, I was just there like not one minute before and the guy made me get out my ID again even though he'd seen me go in and come out all within the space of an hour! There aren't to many people with big, black GSD service dogs at Uni, so I know he couldn't have seen someone else.

I'm right there with ya on the liars... I have a photographic memory, and when people don't think I'm listening is when I'm listening at my hardest.

Have a great day and keep on writing.