Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13th




EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!


These are a couple of the photos I took at a little "Farmer's Market" close by. I used the quotes because I'm not sure that there were any real farmers there, but the food did look good. Since I neglected to bring a lot of cash (I am truly a plastic money person, I use credit cards for everything and pay them off every month so that I can get the rewards) the only thing I bought was a jar of olives.

Greek olives. REALLY good Greek olives, and I'm not usually a Greek olive fan. Most of the Greek olives I've had have a really nasty bitter taste. These were being sold by a charming older Greek man who told a customer "Greeks don't need psychiatrists, we have Ouzo". We had a discussion about the Greek man I lived with many years ago, when I told the olive seller that my Greek was from Patras he had one word to say. "Spoiled." Oh boy, was THAT right on the nose.

Just in case anyone wants some of these wondrous fruits, he has a website: The Olive Man (I hope the blogger anti-spam bots don't think I'm spamming by posting this link. I won't make a penny if anyone buys some olives-I just really like them.)

No comments: