Friday, July 20, 2012

Thoughts about "health care".

First of all, there is a difference between "health care" and "health coverage."  Anyone can get health care.  Maybe not the best, and someone will want you to pay for it later, but anyone can be treated at an ER.

I had no coverage, and ended up in the ER and then hospitlized.  I was amused when I read that I supposedly told someone that I hadn't sought care because there was no one to look after my dogs.  I would have never said that, since it wasn't true.  The real reason was that I had no insurance.  I hoped the problem would get better.  It didn't.

Fast forward.  I now have insurance.  I have an ugly thing on my neck, and I want to get it resolved.  Cute young female doctor wants me to get a CT scan and see a surgeon.  I made the appointments, but at 8 pm on the night before the CT scan I get a phone call that "someone" (cute young female doctor) forgot to also order a blood test.  Clueless woman on phone couldn't tell me exactly what I needed to do, couldn't tell me why I needed to get a test, probably didn't even know why she called me.  I had to reschedule the CT, and go visit the vampires.

Here's a good thing.  My kidney function is .1 above the best, and way below any cause for concern.  For this I need to extend the appointments (that I've been trying to get since June 1st) for another week?  Yippee!

No comments: