Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23rd

U HAZ FUD!

HOW I FIXED MY PHONE

Not the actual phone, the jack. The little plastic part that keeps the plug in there broke off. Probably because the dogs like to get under the desk where the jack is and have little doggie squabbles, and they kept pulling the plug out of the jack. So the cord kept falling out, and I wouldn't notice it for days because I'm not a big fan of telephone conversations. One day I found myself in a store that sells phone jacks, so I bought a replacement. I didn't rush to install it-sitting on the floor under a built-in desk with a flash light trying to get the right itty-bitty colored wire attached to the right itty-bitty connector part wasn't real high on my list of Fun Things to Do. And now, of course, I have no idea which safe place I put the phone jack so that I would be able to find it when I finally got tired of getting on the floor under the desk to put the cord back in the jack and slap another piece of duct tape on it to try to get it to stay plugged in for longer than 10 seconds.

However, I did fix it.

I stuck it in with super glue.

Which should work until the next under-the-desk doggie squabble, when they'll probably manage to pull the jack off of the wall completely. And then I'll have to remember which store it was that had the replacement jack and buy another one.

No comments: