Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fiction Presented as Fact

I'm always amused by people who state things as fact that aren't facts at all.  Here's one that makes me chuckle.  Someone once stated to me that "sauvignon" means "sausage" in French.  Therefore, according to that made up fact and faulty logic, Sauvignon Blanc is just a bunch of left over white grapes made into wine, like sausage is made up of left over pig parts.

First of all, there are several words for "sausage" in French, none of which are "sauvignon": 
Sauvignon Blanc description   Savage is just a little different than sausage.  

I'm now enjoying a glass of white savage wine.  I've been told that the same person who made up the sausage story is telling people that I'm an alcoholic.  I guess that fits, if her definition of "raging alcoholic" is someone who enjoys a few glasses of wine in an evening.

No comments: