Saturday, November 3, 2007

November 3rd

Bougainvillea

SAVE THE TOOTHBRUSH!

When I was a child I remember that my mother would save old toothbrushes to use for scrubbing things, like the gunk that builds up around the base of the kitchen faucet. I just retired a toothbrush, (might as well use a new one, I bought a pack of 2,000 toothbrushes at CostCo) and felt that I needed to save it. You know the routine: save it in the junk drawer, and use it to scrub some nasty little spot that will only come clean when scoured with a used toothbrush.

Who am I trying to kid? First of all, I will most likely not remember that I even HAVE a toothbrush in the junk drawer. Secondly, if I do think of it the chances of finding it in that drawer are extremely slim. And most importantly, there's an even slimmer chance of me ever scrubbing anything with a toothbrush to begin with. Dirt in a crack? Who cares? It's in a crack and I can't see it in there.

I saved the toothbrush anyway, because some warped part of my psyche is convinced that the moment I throw it away I will have a compelling need for a used toothbrush.

TODAY'S LESSONS FOR MORONS:

You do NOT “take a breathe”. You take a BREATH. In order to breathe you take breaths.

If you are getting money back because you overpaid your taxes you are NOT “getting a tax return”. You FILE a tax return, you GET a tax refund.

There's no such thing as a “wheel barrel.” If you need to move things around in your garden you use a wheelbarrow.

Learn the difference!

AND, THE MORONS SPEAK, OR WRITE, WHATEVER.

My favorite Channel 10 moron, JQ: “turn your clocks one hour behind.”
You want me to stand behind something and turn my clock for an hour?

From a commercial: “He's eating healthy.” I didn't know that healthy was edible. Do you cook it, or eat it raw?

And, another strange entry from the comment section of the online newspaper, to which I can only say "HUH?"

Just goes to show you how retarded our system is...what gives me the right to claim ownership over what has been here for billions of years before I was even born, and will continue to be here for billions of years after I've died? And then, we convince ourselves that we have a right to "maximize" the income from our brazen claim of ownership! Chutzpah...that's what Americans have...a whole lot of CHUTZPAH!!!!!! Imagine the so-called "travesty" were people ONLY losing their homes, and not the acre-or-so of goodness they have dedicated themselves to desecrating in the first place. If you didn't own it, you wouldn't have landscaped it with Eucalyptus trees, palm trees, and Bermuda grass...since you did those things anyways, were you assuming that "your" land didn't "want" to burn? Did you learn a lesson? Probably not!
Has anyone considered that nature has had enough of us
destroying it, under the mistaken premise that it is OUR possession? Has anyone wondered what might happen if she tried to get even?
BTW...warming cause melting, and the Anza-Borrego desert is
below sea level. No more ice caps means no more desert, and Baja California becomes a bigger peninsula! An ocean on the desert means no more Santa Ana wind phenomena. No more Santa Ana means no more fires quite like these. But we can't
expect scientists to think rationally like that...nah!
And, thanks to SL for these little tidbits:

My poodle does the same thing, taught it was strange, but this is a plaything he just does, I did ask my vet he said it is not a seizure, I do havea Chinese Crested who is on meds for seizures and her body gets stiff and she starts staggering back woods.

I have six-year Pom dog. His voice is very soar. It's difficult for him to bark (Although he always forces himselftodo it). Any tips to cure soar voice? I want to try natural things, not meds. Does soar voice indicate severe disease? Also, any tips to give meds to him? He hates to have meds. He doesn't have favorite
food. He may like something but will get boaring on it and doesn't want to eat it anymore.

No comments: