Friday, November 30, 2007

November 30th


FINALLY, SOME RAIN!

It's been raining all day and my stupid dogs won't go outside. I swear these dogs would rather hold it for 24 hours than get their little feet wet. But, they have no problem getting into the pond up to their chests. Silly beasts!

A good day to eat some soup-and I just happen to have a batch of really good homemade potato leek soup. I started with about a half a pound of bacon, cut into inch long pieces. Into the big dutch oven went a half stick of butter and the bacon, which I cooked until done. (Not crisp, but only because I don't like crisp bacon. Cook it the way you like it.) I removed the bacon and put in a couple of chopped hot peppers, some grated garlic and two leeks cut in half lengthwise and then sliced thin. (Soak the leeks in water to cover first to get out the dirt that hides inside.) Cook that until the leeks are soft, then put in potatoes cut into chunks. I used five small red ones, and I didn't peel them, but you can. Put the bacon back in, and add enough chicken stock to cover it all and some seasoning. I used a bay leaf and some organic salt free seasoning mix from CostCo, freshly grated sea salt and black pepper. Simmer until the potatoes are done. I mash them up a little to thicken the soup. Then I put in a cup and a half of half and half. When that got warm again I added about a cup of grated cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese melts, and enjoy your soup.

CONTESTS

I enter contests. I buy lottery tickets. I dream of what I will do with the absurd amount of money I'll have when I win.

I don't win. Anything. Ever. I have the worst contest luck in the world. If I bought every ticket for a raffle I still wouldn't win.

Actually, I take that back. I won $10 in an online contest once.

The check bounced.

BAD GRAMMAR WEB SITE OF THE WEEK:
GSD Breeder who needs to hire a proof reader


Actual excerpts from their site:


Here at Diamond R Farm, We are producing sound stock for the Public, whether it be a reliable Paso Fino Horse or a Working German Shepherd. We have a small farm in the foothills of East Tennessee that we are bringing up-to-date.We just completed our ten stall barn and we are in the process of building a kennel to house at least eight dogs. Our goal is to breed and sell quality Paso Fino horses and Working German Shepherds that exceeds the Standards. Right now we have Seven Paso Fino horses,Two Stallions, Two Mares and 2 Fillys and a Colt.We have seven adult German Shepherds for Breeding and Stud Service, and they have thier Hips Guaranteed thru the Orthropedic Foundation for Animals against hip dysplasia. As time goes by we will be purchasing more quality Dogs and Horses for Breeding Purposes.


If any breed of dog is most deserving of the title Noble with Natural Beauty then that dog is the German Shepherd. They are a dog with elegant yet flowing lines, glamorous to behold, with a shining coat, erect ears, and an intelligent expression that will command attention wherever they are seen. Their eyes indicate the love and affection they have for those who care for them and their sweeping tail will show their mood whether it be gay or sad. They love human companionship and will respond to his owner’s mood whether this be lying quietly by his side or romping across the fields. Indeed, at all times, his one desire is to be with you and to please you! They have a keen sense of humor and enjoys playful games yet, in defense of those they love, can become a frightening adversary that one would be well advised to keep clear of. They can fit into a apartment or a mansion as the need may be, for they are happy wherever you are happy. In bringing a German Shepherd into your home, you are making an addition to your family and they will quickly feel a part of it. Your house, your garden, your possessions and in fact all that you own will from then on be in his special care. He needs your love, but he needs also correct attention to his grooming, exercise, food and general welfare. Given these, your German Shepherd will devote his very life to you and you will be the richer for this and for the companionship and love you, and your family will all share.

I don't know where to start with this, I can find something wrong in almost every sentence. I doubt I would buy a puppy from them though. To be fair, I wouldn't buy a puppy from anyone unless I found a breeder with a fourth or fifth generation raw fed and non-vaccinated coated GSD. But, if they were selling something I was interested in buying I'd be inclined to look elsewhere.


CHANNEL 10 DOESN'T WANT TO BE LEFT OUT


“A spark from one of your equipments...”
Yes, my equipments often get a bit sparky.


UPDATE ON THE FAKE UGG BOOTS


They arrived, they fit. All is well. For now. Almost time to start the process of trying to get the correct gift all over again.


Yippee.


No comments: