Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 19th

Silly Flowers-They Think It's Spring!



WATER IS NOT MY FRIEND


Well, not water itself. The things that bring water, hold water, keep water out of the house and take water away are not my friends. First my sewer pipe broke, and I had to have the yard dug up and a new pipe at a cost of $4200. Then I had a slab leak. That was covered by insurance, but it turns out that for what I've had to pay in increased insurance premiums I could have just paid for the repair myself and still been ahead. When I had some rude, moron plumbers replace the frozen main shut off valve so I could turn off my water if needed they ruined my pressure regulator, so a bunch of stuff in the house sprung leaks. I couldn't get their plumbing company (American Leak Detectors) to admit responsibility, so I paid to have the regulator replaced, and the leaks fixed. Unfortunately that plumber wasn't able to fix my kitchen sink problem. I have one of those foo-foo spray thingies, and mice chewed through the hose. So, every time I turn on the water it leaks under the sink. He couldn't even cap off the stupid thing, so I'm living with that. Meaning-I try not to run water in the kitchen sink, I fill things up with water from the bathroom. Cleaning the sink and counters is problematic, and requires logistical planning. Now my toilet is leaking. Badly. It won't be easy to fix either. The Previous Owners installed a shelf/cabinet thing over the toilet. It has a shelf that's so close to the top of the tank only Flat Stanley would be able to get a hand in there to make any repairs. They obviously installed the shelf before the toilet, because they bolted it to the wall which prevents it from being moved without demolishing it, so the only way to fix the toilet is to pull it out from under the shelf. Since removing the toilet scares me-visions of having to poop in a bucket when I can't get it put back by myself-I have turned off the water source and am flushing the toilet using water from a pail. My roof leaks and has damaged the ceiling in the bedroom. And now, it appears that the hot water heater is leaking. Apparently I have greatly displeased the plumbing gods. What would be an appropriate sacrifice to appease them?

SAY AGAIN?


It's hard to read, but the third line says "Remove caused touching stains by alchohol." I think that the box designer maybe got into the alchohol.

No comments: