Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22nd



GLUTEN FREE LASAGNA

I've mentioned before that pasta made from rice flour tastes like wallpaper paste, so I refuse to use it for lasagna. I had a brainstorm though. (I'm sure I'm not the first person who has thought of this, but that's okay.) I used eggplant instead of noodles. I peeled two eggplants, sliced them 1/4" thick, and cooked them in a frying pan with a little EVOO just until they were slightly soft. Then used the eggplant slices instead of lasagna noodles. It was really good, and I'll make it again. I'm not going to bore you with the entire recipe, everyone has their own favorite way to make lasagna. I will say that I borrowed an ingredient from the best lasagna I've ever eaten that a friend made-red wine in the sauce.

I DON'T GET IT!

People constantly express amazement at the really nice German Shepherds that we find in shelters-many of whom are in danger of being killed. I am amazed myself. Why do so many people think of dogs as disposable items? Look at this really pretty girl that we sprung this week:



A few weeks ago we pulled a pregnant mom-and now we have puppies:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww they are gorgeous!