Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19th


SMART THING TO DO? TIME WILL TELL I SUPPOSE

The truth of the matter is, the only thing that is keeping me and the dogs fed and housed is the line of credit I took out on the house before I needed it, just for a situation like this. However, I have begun to worry that my lender will freeze the line like some others have done (meaning, not allow any further draws of money). The news reports are saying that if a lender hasn't done this yet they will, so this is not an irrational fear. This scares the crap out of me. Without the line of credit I would be really, really broke, and that would not be a good thing. So, I just wrote myself a check for a big old chunk of money from the HELOC. That means that I'm going to be paying interest on money that I don't need right now. In a different time this would not be a wise thing to do, but if my lender freezes the line of credit in the future at least I will have enough money to live on for a while. Actually, if I'm very, very careful (no more $40 dinners with the rescue group, no new clothes, nothing I don't truly need to survive) I should be able to last a year. I will still be job hunting, but in seven and a half months I've had exactly TWO job interviews, and no offers. I've even stooped to applying for work at Home Depot, but haven't had a nibble there either. Maybe I should make myself a sign and stand on a freeway off ramp: UNEMPLOYED MORTGAGE WORKER. WILL DO YOUR LOAN FOR FOOD.

DANCING WITH THE STARS

Yippee! It's back! My personal observations after week1:

The man I would most like to dance with: Christian (with an accent mark over the a). Yeah, baby!

The people I would most like to go out drinking with: Penn and Marissa.

The person that needs to shut up: Adam.

The person who needs to have her face thawed out: Priscilla. (She did well at the foxtrot, but I don't expect her to excel at the more athletic dances. And, if she smiles her face might crack.)

Who will be first to go? My picks are Adam and Monica. (I feel so sorry for adorable little Julianne getting stuck with Adam. He can't dance for shit, and he's obnoxious. I don't see how he can be Jimmy Kimmel's best friend, because Jimmy is funny. I think that he and Sarah would be fun to go out drinking with too.)

Who will win? My upfront favorites are Mario and Kristie. But other possibilities are Christian, the football player, and perhaps Marlee. She's likely to get a lot of votes because she's a nice person with a handicap, and she can dance.

WHY THIS MORON IS SCARIER THAN MOST:

'That is crazy. I am a teacher in san diego. I make about $31 an hour for a 35 hour work week. I work 5 hours on average per week. You do the math. Who makes $44 an hour. I want to go there."
"JohnnyVegas,poor uneducated fellow. I have been teaching 6 years. I make approx. $31 an hour for 35 hours a week. I work 50 hours a week. My benefits are roughly $12,00 per year. I believe I do fine and I am happy with how I do. I earned every penny. But you have really poor facts. Go exagorate on some other site"
"But Vegas,I'm not gonna lie, we do all right. I agree, we get other perks than just money. Vacation"
That's right-this illiterate drivel was written by a TEACHER! No wonder so many public school graduates can't write properly!

No comments: