Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3rd



I WISH I HAD SCRATCH-N-SNIFF

The jasmine is in bloom, and the smell is awesome. Well, it is if you like the smell of jasmine.

PARKING LOT SCAMMERS

Here's a little rule of life: If someone approaches you in a parking lot or gas station with a sob story about being stranded and needing to borrow money to get home, it's probably a scam. Someone just wants money and finds it easier to lie than to beg honestly. I ran into a new one today-and it was quite elaborate. I walked out of Henry's and there was a woman on a cell phone. Talking loudly, so of course I overheard. She seemed to be talking to her mother-her car wouldn't start, the manager said she could leave it there overnight, but now she had no way to get “her father” home. (Red flag #1-people talking to their mother's usually say something like “Dad”, not “my father”.) But, being a nice person I slowed down to listen and see if I could help. But, I soon decided that this woman was bad news, and I walked to my car. She followed me, still talking. When I started my car she rapped on my window. I rolled it down, and she kept up with the sob story. “I'm about to cry, my car (pointing to the car parked right next to mine-what are the chances?) won't start, my father just had the tip of his finger sewed back on and I stopped her to buy some antibiotic cream (which they don't CARRY at Henry's)....” I interrupted her to ask if she had AAA. She said she did-so I wouldn't offer to call for her-but they couldn't help her because she had a short. Bullshit! They could have towed her car two blocks to the Auto Electric shop. And she said she lived in Temecula-which is an hour away-so that I wouldn't offer to drive her and her father home. So, she needed to “borrow” money to take the Coaster home. The Coaster goes to Oceanside, which isn't on the way or even near Temecula. When I got home I called Henry's to let them know they had a scammer working their parking lot.

MORE BOO BOOS FROM CHANNEL 10

Jackie Nguyen: “The family of XXX is at loss for words.” And of course, this was followed immediately by an interview with a family member, who had plenty of words. So, not only does Miss Nguyen not know how to SAY the phrase, she has no clue what it means.


Other person with a news reporter job for no apparent reason: “...16 cases of violations of professional misconduct.” If someone violates misconduct, doesn't that make it correct conduct?


No comments: