Sunday, March 2, 2008

March 2nd


A PHONE IN TOWN HALL MEETING

I got a phone invitation to join in a conference call type thing being put on by my Representative in Congress-Susan Davis. I opted in because I wanted to perhaps ask her if she planned on doing anything to help out the unemployed mortgage workers whose benefits have run out. I had to hang up after less than five minutes. That woman's voice is so shrill, and her comments are so moronic, that it was either hang up or murder my telephone. I like my telephone (now that I paid $25 to replace the chewed through power cord), so I hung up.

WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?

Another wacko-radical car, spotted in the Food4Less parking lot. The theme of this one was “Impeach Bush”, and “the war sucks”. One particularly weird sticker: “How many bullets has your magnet stopped today?” with an image of a yellow troop support ribbon. WTF does that mean? I would have taken a picture, but the radical wacko was sitting in the big honking SUV (I guess she's only a political extremest, not an environmental one) yakking on a cell phone. Perhaps she was planning her next wacko political uprising. I didn't want to risk being mistaken for the FBI or something by taking a photo.

One of these things is not like the others...

MEET THE MORONS

Thanks to Sandee for sending me these lovely bits from eBay, (and for reading my blog-I think that makes two loyal readers now):

Camera body shows sign of use as some light scratches on front of camera and some alluminated marks on LCD cover
Q: What do you mean by "alluminated marks on LCD cover"
A: It means some scuffs marks on surface of LCD cover.The LCD itself isbuild inside and nothing affectsa to LCD functions. THAT'S what it means? Wow, someone must be using a different dictionary than the rest of us.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Q: Do you combine shipping? If so, what would shipping costs be for two pair of earrings?
A: Yes I can combine shipping, for the total cost of the two pairs of earrings I have listed will be what ever the winning bid will be on each not one certain amount.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
PRODUCT INFORMATION
a.. This item was purchase in U.S and it will be ship from U.S
a.. Brighton Tin isn't included unless it stated otherwise.
a.. Guarantee Authentic & Brand New with price tag.
a.. Style #J46177.Silver-Swarovski. It's REVERSIBLE!!
a.. Details:So beautiful, it brings tiers...glowing Swarovski pearls are surrounded by rose colored stones and rhinestones.
a.. 16" adjustable with lobster claw closure
a.. We pack all our packages with care to ensure that you receive theperfect merchandises
Dude-YOU bring me to "tiers".

Just for fun-go search eBay for “rod iron”, (I got 32 hits on 2/29) which should be “wrought iron”. There actually is such a thing as rod iron, but it's cut from flat bar iron in a slitting mill to provide the raw material for nails, not used to make decorative items such as “candle operas” (only five hits, but one was made from “rod iron”, so that's a double!)

Headlines from the online Union-Tribune:
"San Mateo mother jailed for lying about sexually assault" Hey! There's an adverb! Unfortunately, it should have been an adjective instead.
“San Francisco girl home after she disappearing for more than day"


2 comments:

megangiselle said...

I've been reading your blog for about a month. I even have it saved to my Google Reader. Does that make me a 'loyal reader'?


OOTTINLTO - do you mean the lying down dog, or the colored one? I guess it would depend on your orientation; obedience or conformation, no? ^_^

Marilyn said...

Oh goodie! You make three!

I meant the black and tan one, but there's all sorts of one of a kind things. Only one man, only one person wearing a hat, only one person wearing sunglasses....