Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 26th


I'M SURE THEY MEAN WELL

All the people who have offered suggestions regarding my employment woes. Apply for another type of job! Re-do your resume, highlight transferable skills! Apply at a temporary agency! I've done it all. I'm not being lazy, or even all that picky. I do want to be treated like I'm worth something and not like an ignorant peon, but otherwise I'll take almost any job. Some people act like I must not be really trying to find a job, because if I was I would have found one. So, here's some vindication:

News Article

No Mortgage Workers Need Apply

I don't want to be a whiny, poor poor pitiful me type, but I really do think that people need to know that I have tried to find a job and I will keep trying, but in the meantime I want to buy a few voodoo dolls and start sticking pins in them. If you are an HR person who has tossed out my resume simply because I have a mortgage background and you suddenly feel a sharp pain in your gut, don't bother to call the doctor. Call a voodoo priestess. Or better yet, hire me and I'll pull the pins out.

I HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING MY MORONS

Not that they need me coddling them to be their sweet, little moronic selves, but here's some contributions:

OUR FRIENDS AT CHANNEL 10:

JN: “...armed with weapons.” I thought that "having weapons" was the definition of armed. “...you do not need to be alarm at this time.” And, you apparently do not need to be proficient in the English language, have a pleasing voice, or even look nice to be employed at Channel 10. Lucky you!
“...except for a few belonging the residents are trying to savage.” Rape and pillage your dinnerware?

KH: “...would have faced much more stiffer charges.” Well, at least she LOOKS nice.

No comments: