Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday

I'm hot. Not the good kind of hot either. And I'm sweaty. It won't rain here! Every day we get clouds. I hear thunder. It doesn't rain. I even tried the start-a-Bar-B-Que-going method to see if those clouds would squeeze out a drop or two. No rain. I did get a nice dinner out of it. A piece of pork loin and a big bunch of my vegetables-in-foil-with-olive-oil-and-spices.

Spent the day with the dogs again. Dusty has a wonderful foster home. I was so happy to see him today, he's a changed dog from the scared creature we first took in. Amazing what a little human contact will do for a dog. My foster dog Tilly-who is absolutely the most timid dog I have ever met-finally took a treat from my hand last night. It might have been because she was really hungry. Dinner a few nights ago was lamb flank. No dog ate any, so it went back in the cooler and was fed again the next night. The boys each ate about half a serving, the girls again wouldn't touch it. Back in the cooler. Night three-boys again ate half a serving, girls didn't eat. Which is actually fine, the girls are both a little chunky (life isn't fair in the gender based weight distribution plan, even for dogs) so going a few days without food isn't going to kill them. I gave up, tossed the lamb and tonight gave them pork brisket. There is still some lamb in the freezer though, and we're going to do the tough love thing again and again until they either eat it, or it's in the trash after three days.

MORE MANGLING OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Reader comment in the on line newspaper: "I propose building wind mills on the mediums."
Why do you think it's a good idea to build windmills on people who speak to the dead?

10 News, at it again: "A twisted tale, full of twists."
I guess this story is a bit twisted, yes?

And, some things that came to my email-honest! These are actual cut-and-pastes:

Get the bloods sent to Dr. xxxx for the thyroid testing as her test is more sensitive and picks up more than a vets will, and picks it up sooner before as much damage is done.
Besides the punctuation issues, I'm wondering why someone wants to send boys from the 'hood to Dr. xxxx to have their thyroids tested.

"Brave to your girl!"
Yeah. Whatever.

"I don't give Vitamin E... but I do give A&D for skin and coat health as well s eye site."
I have no idea what vitamins A and D will do to correct the placement of an eye.

"I remember driving a couple of times and Think after I pasted a light,....Was that RED?,..."
Why would someone want to paste a traffic light? What would you paste it to? And, what would you use? A really big glue stick?






Clouds. No rain, just clouds.

No comments: