Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 29, 2007

I found out what you can build with that nasty arundo grass.....


I have no idea what this is. I went to Old Town the other day just because I was in the area evaluating a dog at the shelter. This edifice was sitting in a little fenced in dirt area all by itself. No explanation, just there. It looks kind of neat. Not very weather proof, but makes nice shade.

Old Town just ain't what it used to be. Ever since Diane Powers lost the lease to run the commercial side of the park and some out-of-state corporation took over it's changed, and not for the better in my opinion. It's dirty, dismal, and a lot of the plants are dead or dying. It's just sad. Maybe it's more authentic (life back then was dirty and hard I guess), but it's a lot less fun. Most people just go to Old Town for the Margaritas anyway.



Of course, if you go there to spend money, there are still lots of things to buy.





And now for something completely different: Find the Pit Bull

I got it wrong.

CHANNEL 10 NEWS BOO-BOO OF THE DAY

Speaking about New Orleans: "Some former residents of the city are still living there..."

You MORON! If they are still living there they are current residents. Former means used to be. Another good one that I heard on Channel 10 news was "Former San Diego native". Can you be a former native? How would you go about changing your birthplace?

No comments: