Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday

THE BIG LEBOWSKI

I love this movie. I love Jeff Bridges. I used to love to go bowling. As a matter of fact, I used to bowl in leagues at the same place The Dude bowled:
Hollywood Star Lanes. I bowled there before they had the automatic scoring and video screens. We used the overhead projector and grease pencil method.

And, check this out:
Lebowski Fest


Why am I thinking of this today? I went bowling! I haven't been bowling in probably 15 years, and that was just once with some friends late on a Friday night after too much to drink. I haven't bowled seriously (at least three times a week, my own ball, my own shoes, special hand/wrist stabilizer device....) in over 20 years. So, it's not at all surprising that my first six balls went straight into the gutter. I got a little better after that. Broke 100 the second game. Still pretty pitiful for someone who once came in third in a bowling tournament. Not pitiful enough for me to want to run out and start bowling seriously again.

The two buddies who got me out of the house and into the bowling alley. On the left, we'll call her Delilah. Not her name, but she wishes it was, so in my blog she will be Delilah. On the right, J-Mo. She beat all of our butts in both games today. How about a rematch, sista?

FAVORITE LINES

From Angels in America: - (On being a Mormon) "Can I ask you a question?. . .Everyone thinks the angel's name was Mormon. . .I know, I went to Sunday school . . .Moroni. The angel Moroni. So why don't we call ourselves Morons?"

Good question!

No comments: