Friday, August 3, 2007

Losing Things, Part II

This time it was two brand new pairs of shorts. I bought them at the "Everything $5.99" Store. It used to be "Everything $5", but the price went up. Anyway, I remembered finding a great place to put them, where I would be able to find them when I wanted to wear them. You guessed it-I forgot where that place was. Actually, I didn't actually forget, they just weren't in the spot that I remembered putting them in. While looking for the shorts I found a completely different new pair of shorts that I had forgotten even buying!

I found the shorts. They had been shoved back into a corner, but the spot I remembered was the right spot. I need to do a major closet clean out!

We're doing another bake sale at the adoption event tomorrow, so I baked brownies and "Black Bottom Cupcakes". I cheat, I use mixes. I can't eat any of it (gluten intolerant), and I would bet that our target audience isn't concerned about chemical-free living, (these people are buying crap-in-a-bag for for their animals at PetsMart after all) I can help the rescue and save time. I buy cake mixes at Food4Less for $1 a box-I think that flour and sugar alone would cost more. Especially since I would buy unbleached flour and raw sugar. Let them eat cake mix! Or, strawberry shortcake. I liked this sign on a food stand at the fair:



And no, the missing part for the soda siphon has yet to show back up. The replacement part arrived, so I'm back to making my own seltzer water. I found that I must make it with bottled spring water, or else it tastes funny.

No comments: