Monday, August 13, 2007

More This and That

I met a very neat person Saturday at our adoption event. She stopped by with her GSD that she trained to be her service dog. Turns out that she is an artist. And a Leonard Cohen fan. Check out her website:
Heart Dog Studios

Rant for the day: Gummit employees! It was time to mail in my claim form for unemployment for the past two weeks, but I haven't heard whether or not they've figured out that I am me yet. So, I called to ask whether I should mail in the form or wait. I got the RUDEST asshole possible on the phone. He blurted out something very snippy before I was even able to ask my question, then kept talking to me like I was stupid. Just because I'm unemployed, butt-head, doesn't mean I'm a moron! I finally had enough, told him that I did not appreciate his condescending attitude and that he was very rude and asked to speak to his supervisor. He hung up on me! I suppose I could call back, and go through the stupid phone tree and take my chances that I won't get the "Due to the number of people waiting on the phone we are unable to help you at this time. Please try again later. Goodbye." message, and be allowed to stay on hold for 10 minutes and try to reach a supervisor. But, I'd probably just get even more aggravated, and nothing will happen to the guy anyway. It's unpleasant enough being unemployed, it's even worse being treated like scum by people you need to help you.

Heard on the local newscast today: About a prisoner. "He was released on accident." Didn't these people go to school? Another good one from the other day. An investigative reporter was doing a story about finding the recalled Chinese toothpaste in a store. She was a total screaming maniac, and I would have done just what the store owner did which was to tell her to "get the f**k out of the store". Anyway, in the lead up she showed two boxes of toothpaste and called them "toothpaste-es." Oh yeah, you sound very intelligent!

Why would someone make drinking glasses that are "top rack" dishwasher safe that are too tall for the top rack?



A little garden in Balboa Park. They just replanted this to attract butterflies.

No comments: