Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday

I apologize to my loyal reader. (Yes, I meant that to be singular.) I've been lagging. You would think that since I'm unemployed I would have more time to ramble on about my life, not less. But, doing nothing seems to take so much time! Okay, I did things. Went to someones house to evaluate a dog that they wanted to surrender to the rescue. What a sweet dog this was! Kind of timid, but he was left outside all the time, so I knew we had to find him a better home.

Dusty

Then there was a "Big Dogs Rock" adoption event on Fiesta Island. A bunch of different groups, all with big dogs looking for homes.


Big Dogs

Then I spent a couple of days helping a friend straighten out her mother's financial stuff. I feel so badly for her. Her mother had a stroke five years ago and is paralyzed and needs constant care. Her sister is insane. The hired help are high maintenance. And now the money is pretty much gone. She has taken care of all of this for five years and all she's gotten is grief from her siblings and the people who work taking care of her mother. I sure wish I had a magic wand to make it all better for her.

Today, back to dog stuff. Went to do a home visit for a potential adopter. This lady has a really neat house. Not a huge mansion, just a nice house in a nice place with a nice yard.

FUNNY DOG STORY

There is a commercial that they show about 1000 times a day with this whacked out dog turning in circles. The audio is this dog panting. Loudly. Bentley is convinced that this nut case dog is HERE every time the commercial comes on, and he goes running through the house barking. He also barks if a doorbell rings on the TV. I can't convince him that our doorbell is broken so he doesn't need to go on Alien Intruder Alert when he hears that noise. He doesn't listen to me.

UNEMPLOYMENT-ALL BETTER!

I received what would have been my first check if something, somewhere wasn't all jacked up. It said "no benefits are payable at this time". Went on to say that if I had requested a re-computation or was waiting for military, federal or out-of-state wages to be included in my claim I should continue to file for the weeks I wish to claim. Well, my situation is "none of the above", but I had been told by the rude asshole at EDD that there was a 14 day period to file my continuing claim form or I would become ineligible and would have to reopen my claim. The problem-there wasn't a new claim form to file for the upcoming weeks. I started trying to call on Monday to see what I should do. Repeatedly, after playing the stupid phone tree game, was told that there were too many people waiting to talk to them, so goodbye. I finally got through today. I found the secret to getting someone to actually LISTEN to you there. And, actually HELP you. Pretend that you're crying. Not hysterically. Like you are really trying NOT to cry, but you feel so helpless that you can't help it.

My check is in the mail.

NEW VERSION OF THE OLD SCAM

I'm just going to paste the whole scam email...

DONA

The Catholic Church Italy (http://www.chiesacattolica.it/), would like to notify you that you have been chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a cash Grant/Donation for your own personal, educational, and business development. The Church is one of the biggest church built for God in Italy. In the year 1901, they started offering collection for the sole aim of human growth, educational and Community development. In conjunction with the ECOWAS, UNO, and the EU, We are giving out a yearly donation of US$650,000.00 each to 100 lucky recipients each year. These specific Donations/Grants will be awarded to 100 lucky international recipients worldwide; in different categories for their personal business development.The objective is to make a notable change in the standard of living of people all around the Universe (From America to Europe, Asia to Africa and all around). Kindly note that you will only be chosen to receive the donation once, which means that subsequent yearly donation will not get to you. Take time and thought in spending the donation wisely on something that will last you a long time.Based on the random selection exercise of internet websites and millions of supermarket cash invoices worldwide, you were selected among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of US$650,000.00 as charity donations/aid from the Catholic church Italy, ECOWAS, EU and the UNO in accordance with the enabling act of Parliament. (Note that all beneficiaries email addresses were selected randomly from over 100,000 Internet websites or a shop's cash invoice around your area in which you might have purchased something from). You are required to contact the Church Executive Secretary below, for qualification documentation and processing of your claims. After contacting the secretary, you will be given your donation pin number, which you will use in collecting the funds. Please endeavour to quote your Qualification numbers +(N-2 2 2-6 6 4 7, E-9 1 0-5 6) in all discussions.Exec Sec.Rev sister Abrielle GalloEmail: chiesacattolicaitl@yahoo.itPlease note that the EU, ECOWAS, UNO, strictly administers these donations/Grants. You are by all means hereby advised to keep this whole information confidential until you have been able to collect your donation.On behalf of God, The Church, ECOWAS, UNO and the EU, accept our warmest congratulations.

May God Bless you with this donation.

M. Paccino

Oh, this must be real. It's from a CHURCH. They wouldn't lie. Would they?

1 comment:

pam said...

If it were me dealing with the govt idiots there wouldnt be anymore talking but id be walking with a baseball bat. I sooo understand why people go postal with these idiots.
BTW sad story here in town. Someone adopted a 4 yr old un-nuetered male GS a few weeks ago and the poor thing got startled by some freaking kid and the owners put him down asap. Poor guy didnt have a chance.