Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday

I finally managed to watch all of Napoleon Dynamite. Maybe I'm too old or something, but I didn't really get this movie. A friend told me that to truly appreciate it you need to be really stoned. Bummer. I don't even have a clue where to score some pot these days.

Season one of Ugly Betty is out on DVD. If you didn't watch this on television you should rent it. One of my favorite shows.

GRAMMAR COMPLAINTS FOR THE DAY

From one of the ads at the bottom of my blog page: "Save $15 off." So wrong! You either save $15 or get $15 off. You can't save something off. You can shave something off though.

From the description of a sweepstakes prize I saw today: "Number #1." Okay, did you really mean "number number 1"? That's what you said.

SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE WASHED THEIR CAR!

First line in a story in the newspaper today about the weather: "Don't wash your car today." The Weather Guessers were predicting rain. I guess everyone in this whole area took their advice, because it didn't rain. I hate washing my car (and I'm lamenting the fact that I really can't afford the $25 car wash from the mobile detailing people these days), but it may become necessary soon. Will my car be the sacrificial "make it rain" lamb? Probably not.



Clothed Sheep


No comments: