Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2nd

WISTERIA
STILL NO DOG.COM ORDER!

It's getting ridiculous! The package has now been sitting in Los Angeles for THIRTEEN days. Not to mention the six days it took to get there in the first place. I have sent two emails to dog.com, and they haven't even bothered to respond. I'm afraid to pick up the phone and call them-the complete lack of customer service here would make it hard for me to be a grown-up when speaking to someone.

MESSING WITH SURVEY TAKERS

It sucks that politicians, charities and pollsters are exempt from observing the Do Not Call rules. So when survey takers call me I like to aggravate them as much as they aggravate me by calling. If you will actually think about the questions they ask they are designed to get the answers they want. Any other answer would be absurd, so they slant their polls with carefully worded questions. I pick the questions apart. For instance, I had one recently ask if I thought that things "in the county" were going well. I asked if by "the county" they were including the city government, because obviously that wasn't doing well, but the county itself didn't have any real problems, and the question was rather poorly worded, could they clarify please? The woman who was taking the survey hung up on me.

1 comment:

vikki said...

An old pro, you are! They hang up on you? That's what I call a turnaround. Maybe, with any luck, they'll put you on a "Do Not Call" Pollster list!