Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fire Update #2

I think my area is safe. I still see smoke, but it's just a general haze, no concentrated billows like I saw earlier today.

The local paper has a blog that is kept updated for anyone who is looking for more information about the situation in San Diego:
Fire Blog

Some areas are still burning and there have been some new evacuations. I haven't unpacked the grab-it-and-go box or brought the cooler with the dog meat back inside. I'm afraid that if I do I'll need it, with fires like this things can change quickly. Last night for instance. I had been watching the hills and the smoke had died down and I thought there was nothing to worry about. I wandered outside an hour later and saw what you see in the picture I posted earlier. Too soon to relax, but things are looking better at my house.

No comments: