Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17th


"BLOGS OF NOTE"

Every weekday the powers-that-be at blogger.com pick a blog to recommend. Most of the time I wonder why. They lack content. They lack style. They're too specialized to be of general interest. I like today's though.
"Blog"

And, a link from that blog led me to this one, that I personally recommend to my friend Mela.
Literally, a blog

I'm not alone! There are others who cringe at poor grammar and punctuation. Sticklers, unite!

A JOKE

A panda walks into a diner. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun a fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda walks towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

No comments: