Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29th



BIRDS


Those big black birds that are found all over the county. I'm not sure what they are-ravens I think. Maybe they're crows. Whatever. Big, black birds that make really loud squawking noises. Every evening just before the sun goes down they all fly somewhere to the southwest. Where are they going, and what do they do when they get there? Have a big raven slumber party? Play poker and drink beer until the sun comes up and then fly back to their regular hanging out spots?





We don't have Blue Jays here, we have Scrub Jays. Don't ask me what the difference is. They're blue and they're jays, I guess they live in scrub. They love peanuts. I swear they can smell them. I put some out now and then and they come take them all. I think they hide them to eat later because they don't rest until they've gotten all the peanuts. They are quite fearless when peanuts are involved. My brother has some jays at his house that will come take peanuts from his hand.


IMPROVING?

Channel 10 I mean. I don't know if I haven't been paying attention or if they are actually being mindful of the proper use of the English language, but I have no new boo-boos from them.

Here's one from Wikipedia though:


Centuries of breeding the dogs to be gentile with lambs but fiercely protective of their flock has created a breed that will bond to families and show a calm, intelligent disposition. Do livestock guardian dogs really care if the flock is Jewish? How can they tell? Circumcised rams?

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Fair warning: do not go and check out the "Best of Craig's List" unless you have a lot of time to spend. Some of the posts are vile, but most of them are funny. Like this one:
The Cat Vs. the Sports Car

No comments: