Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8th

SNAP, CRACKLE, POP

Yesterday I was watching a movie when I heard what sounded like something had been thrown at the window air conditioner. I went out to look. Turns out that I had left some wisteria seed pods on it and one of them had popped open. Then I heard more strange sounds, as if someone was firing off a cap gun. Seed pods on the vine were popping open, one after another. I've never heard them all pop at once like that. Must have had something to do with the weather-hot and dry.

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

I mentioned previously about the moron neighbor leaving a sprinkler on and the water all over the sidewalk. Well, I guess the other neighbor didn't believe me when I told him it wasn't coming from my yard and called the water department to report me. The water guy apparently didn't believe me either, until he checked my meter which showed no water use, and I walked him around back to show him the sprinkler. I guess they notified the moron neighbor about it, because she finally got it turned off yesterday. Oh well. No more free plant water for me. Until it rains. With the way things have been the past few years here that could be 2015.

MORE FUN WITH CHANNEL 10 NEWS

"A football field stretch of brush..." Wow! I've never seen a football field comprised of brush. They're usually covered with grass. Must make for an interesting game.

"...spent hours putting out an explosion." That must have been some explosion that it went on for hours.

"...water saturate the soil, forcing it to give away." Give away what? What could soil have that someone would want?

And, from a commercial for Breathe Right strips: "I can breathe really quite relaxed." Yeah, whatever.

No comments: