Saturday, October 6, 2007

October 6th

River and Bentley-Chillin'

I get so tired at adoption events. I purposely don't sit down for four hours. I walk dogs, or I stand up holding a leash. (Usually with a dog on the other end.) I figure that's a couple of days worth of exercise. I took River today. I really thought that he might have found his forever home-a really nice older gentleman (who reminded me of my father) met him, he met his dog and got along. He said he was going home to get his wife and never came back. River might be on the Channel 6 morning news on Friday though. No, not Channel 10, I would hate to have to make fun of him. He really is a great dog, he'll find the perfect home soon.


MORE SCAM EMAILS


"My Dear XXXXX I am Mr.Jumo Hasan, Principal Attorney to Late. Engr.Robert XXXXX, who worked with a Multi-National Oil Firm in Nigeria but unfortunately lost his life in car accident along Monka express road, on 13th June 2004. Since then I have made several inquiries/attempts to locate any of my clients real Relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful, I decided to contact you as a foreigner, so I can present you as his relative and the bank will transfer the funds into your account as his next of kin.I have contacted you to assist me, in repartrating the fund valued at $6.080.000.00 USD left behind by my client before it gets confisicated or declared unserviceable by the Finance Institution where this huge amount were deposited."
Of course these always have your last name.
I'm always tempted to respond:

Dear Mr. Hasan;
Thank you so much for your email. Our family has been searching for the whereabouts of my Uncle Robert for six years. He left his family and disappeared in 2001. We of course were hoping to find him alive and well, but at least now we know what became of him.
He left a substantial fortune behind when he disappeared. Somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion dollars I believe. Do you think you could assist me in obtaining his death certificate so that we can begin the process of administering his will? As for the $6 million in your country, I guess your government needs it more than we do.
Thank you for your assistance.

And, now comes a whole new slant on the scam email:


Dear Beneficiary,
MEMO
Reconciliatory CommitteeFederal Secretariat Building7th Floor Suit 38/39Wuse ii Abuja-Nigeria.
SUBJECT: FOREIGN VICTIMS COMPENSATION.
For introduction purposes, I am Barrister Alfred C. Jones, secretary to the above mentioned Committee.In the recent past a lot of complaints have been going on around the Globe concerning some Foreigners who lost their hard-earned Monies either in the form of uncompleted Contracts or victims of swindlers.considering the fact that a higher proportion of their complaints points to Africa, and Nigeria is mostly affected. The Government deemed it necessary to verify these reports with the view to make adequate reconciliation by paying compensations (Amount lost)to the affected victim like you respectively.We have forwarded this memo to you because your name falls among the shortlisted presented to us for urgent and necessary attention.This initiative was borne out of Government desire to boost its campaign against corruption in the Country and for Nigeria to have her rightful place in the comity of Nations.Now when you respond to this email, you will be directed to the paying bank where your payment will come from. Ours is to make a re-commendation.Do not delay to contact us as soon as you receive this letter to enable us expedite action for the payment of your lost amount immediately.Above all, a processing fee of $150 Dollars only is needed for computing of your info. which will eventually be forwarded to the paying bank where your payment shall come from.
Yours Sincerely,
Barr.Alfred C. Jones
Secretary to the Committee.


Let me get this straight. If I pay you $150 you will give me back all the money I lost to those Nigerian scammers? Let me quick give you my bank account information so you can get your $150. Really, I trust you!

No comments: