Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1st

NEW HOUSE GUEST



His name is River. He wasn't really supposed to come here, I have enough dogs. But, I talked someone else into fostering him and it didn't work out at her house. Her two dogs (a mother and daughter set, who are very bonded to each other) didn't take well to the new guy, so he had to go. Poor River has had kennel cough and wasn't eating well in boarding, so I took pity on him and brought him here. He should find a home pretty soon. He's a big lug of a dog, wouldn't make a good running partner, but will be great for someone who wants a sweet, mellow companion. And, he loves the raw meat/bones/organ diet he gets to eat here. I sometimes feel badly for my fosters when they get adopted by people who feed crap-in-a-bag, but I can't keep them all. If I won the lottery I'd buy a big old piece of property and have lots and lots of dogs.

HEARD ON 10 NEWS


"October first starts tomorrow." Won't it end tomorrow too? Just checking.

I HOPE THEY MEANT IT AS A JOKE

A commercial, for Swiffer somethings. A courtroom scene. "Can you point to the defendant?" Of course I can. The defendant is the one on trial. You didn't ask if I can point to the person who DID it, did you?

SEEN AROUND TOWN

A car with a big windshield decal that says "So Not a Princess." That's good. It's REALLY good, because a man was driving.

No comments: